2008年11月17日月曜日

Homework#2

1.a. Do you have any international friends or a host family? If so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died? If not, then how would you express consolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?

I do'nt have international friends.
If my family member died, I don't say anything. Because, It is too difficult for me to tell my sorrowful feeling. And if I heard my friend's family member was died, maybe I can not say anything because, I can not understand their sad feelings.

b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?

No, I have never been to a foreign funeral. Only Japanese funeral.

2. a.Why are Japanese designer label crazy? Why is what you wear so important?

I don't think Japanese designer label is crazy. In my opinion, a lot of Japanese interested in fashion. I also interested in fashion and trend. Maybe, I think it is a kind of symbol of wealthy and position.
I think it is very ipmortant what you wear, but it does not need expensive clothes. There are many nice and cheap clothes. For example UNIQL.

b.What does “Don't judge a book by it’s cover.” mean to you?Good Luck!
I think It means the most important thing is inner, and Don't be fooled by appearances.
Some people judge someone what they wear. I think their appearance is important but, to see inner is more important.

2 件のコメント:

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Not saying anything is also rude! Best to ask someone what is the best thing to do. Also, Japanese are famous in NYC for going to the designer shops. There is an impression outside of Japan that the Japanese like designer goods. Check out this stereotype on the internet!

sunday さんのコメント...

I agree your idea of "Don’t judge a book by it's cover.". I think most important is inner, too.