2009年2月7日土曜日

Class#12 Education

1. Do you think Japan should give more students options to study more languages (other than English) in Junior and Senior High School?

I don't think so, because I think English is the most important foreign language. Moreover, most Japanese students can't master English, and I guess it is hard to master English for Japanese. I think it is enough to leran English in Junior and Senior High School. I think if you want to learn another language, you can learn it onself.

2. Read this interesting article about changing the way English is taught in High School. Do you agree with the this plan? What about Mr. Hamada's opinion that the university entrance exam needs to be changed? http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Asia/Story/STIStory_321075.html

I think we start study English from 11-12 years old is good idea, but maybe it is not good for teachers. Especially, it is difficult for teachers who aged around 50 to teach English. When I went to Britain, I felt Japanese are so shy, moreover most Japanese can't speak English fluently. However we seldom speak English in Japan. I guess Japanese government emphasize the English grammar. I think we need communication ability. Last year, I met Hong Kong girls she speak English fluently, then I felt Japanese should start study English earlier. If we have more time to speak English, our speaking would be better.

0 件のコメント: